Car and Vehicle Servicing
Our Mechanics treat every service with the same care and attention. Whether it’s your first service, a new car, an old car or a classic.
If your vehicle is under warranty and you want to save money on the high cost of a main dealer service – call St Marys Auto Repairs on 8276 6975. We can service most vehicle makes and models under warranty – you save money and keep your warranty.
Regular Service, Reliable Car
Getting your car or 4 wheel drive serviced at regular intervals by a qualified mechanic is vital if you want to keep it in good working order.
Reliability is a major consideration for with most people and you will dramatically improve the reliability of your vehicle with regular maintenance.
What should be done during a service on your vehicle?
If you are unsure about what type of service your car requires then check your manufacturer guidebook, as this will have all of the relevant details in it. What should be done as part of a routine service depends upon the mileage of the vehicle at the time the service is due and which service is being done.
Typically service types are:
- Basic or Interim Service
- Oil and Filter Change
- Full Service/Major Service
- Manufacturer Service
Oil and Filter Change
An Oil and Filter change is one of the most important parts of a service and is included in all services. It helps your car to run reliably, increases fuel efficiency and extends the life of your engine. Make sure the correct oil is used for the make & Model of Your Car. This is also influenced by the number of K’s the engine has done.
Less experienced mechanics will often use the wrong viscosity of oil, which can have disastrous consequences.
Your mechanic will carry out a visual check of your engine as part of any service, but they are not liable to check the brakes, so brake checks should be booked in to take place at least once a year.
Basic or Interim Service
A basic service will include oil and filter change and a visual inspection, plus a top up of all the key fluids in the engine.
- Washer fluid
- Brake fluid
- Steering fluid
35 key components are also checked to ensure your car is in the best condition possible. Brakes are also tested.
A Full service usually consists of all basic service work plus an extra 15-30 additional checks of key engine components.
A Major Service is a full service plus a change of spark plugs, a change of fuel filters and some other service/wear items that are recommended by the manufacturer’s schedule.
A Manufacturer service should include all wear, service and maintenance your car needs and is the most comprehensive service available. Checks included in this service are:
- Oil and oil filter check and replacement
- Brake fluid check and top up
- Light check
- Windscreen wipers check
- Wheel alignment test
- Wheel alignment check
- Charging systems test
- Anti-Freeze coolant check and top up
- Windscreen wash check and top up
- Full brake test
- Power steering fluid check and top up
- Steering check
- Shock absorbers check.
We Offer a Reliable Car Service in Adelaide
For all the joy that a car delivers in life, it comes with a significant responsibility on the part of the owner. To ensure that your vehicle remains operational, you require car service in Adelaide. St Mary’s Auto Repairs has been repairing and servicing cars for decades. We are a professional, highly experienced company that you can trust.
Signs That You Require an Auto Repair Service
Since you rely on your vehicle for transport, it’s crucial to maintain the condition of its mechanical components. Generally, an automotive service should occur every 10,000 kilometres or six months – whichever comes first. However, since there are so many components within a vehicle, it is susceptible to wear and tear and possible breakdowns between services.
These are some of the signs from your car indicating that it requires a service:
- A car that’s running well should sound familiar. Apart from the engine of the car, your air conditioner, and your radio, there shouldn’t be any other noises emanating from the vehicle. If you hear a rattle, ticking, or thud over and above the standard engine noise, it’s a sign that your car requires attention. Don’t assume that a certain noise is inconsequential—instead, remain on the safe side by having a mechanic inspect the vehicle.
- Right after automotive servicing, your car’s gears should change smoothly and feel as though you’ve just purchased the vehicle. However, as you get closer to a service, you will experience sluggish gear changes. If your gear changes are slow on a cold morning, it’s best to give your car time to warm up—however, if that problem persists, you probably need a service.
- A car’s brakes are some of its most critical components as they relate directly to safety. Brakes should be sharp and responsive between services. If you feel that your car takes longer to slow down, or if you hear a metal grating sound when you apply brakes, a brake change is in order. Not only is it a safety issue but worn-out brakes can also cause damage to other vehicle parts.
Benefits of Car Servicing in Adelaide
Apart from keeping you safe on the road, there are several benefits to servicing your vehicle frequently:
- With the rising cost of fuel, your car’s economy is an essential factor to consider. Ensuring that you service your car helps to boost its fuel efficiency, which translates into saving extra dollars.
- Keeping up-to-date with the car’s servicing schedule is ideal when you’re ready to sell a vehicle. Potential buyers won’t have a problem paying the stipulated price for a car that has had regular services at the appropriate intervals.
- Renewing parts during service intervals increases your safety on the road and reduces the possibility of breaking down. Since a mechanic is inspecting your car, they can catch potential problems before they become large and expensive issues.
About St Mary’s Auto Repairs
We’re approaching 30 years in the industry with a reputation as a trusted automotive repair shop in Adelaide. Our love for cars means that we treat every vehicle as if it were ours. For this reason, you can depend on our team to deliver high-quality work and a full range of services. Contact us to have a look at your car.